Effective Friday, May 29, 2020
The health and well-being of our patents and communities remain our top priority. We are dedicated to providing a safe environment for you and your family to receive the finest eye care at The Kalt Goldberg Eye Center.
Our office is now open for all in-office appointments, with specific changes in our procedures. We will continue to offer telemedicine appointments, for those who prefer to be, and can be seen virtually, based upon their medical eye condition.
We will continue to monitor this developing situation closely and comply with recommendations and instructions from our state and local health departments as well as the CDC.
As a reminder, The Kalt Goldberg Eye Center cannot perform testing for coronavirus.
As we continue to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we know many of you have questions. Our most commonly asked questions about appointment care during this time are answered below. If we haven’t covered your particular question, you are welcome to contact us directly for additional assistance.
- We have altered our office to ensure social distancing guidelines and removed all magazines and any other potential germ carriers.
- All patient appointments are spaced to limit exposure to other patients including limited patients in our waiting rooms.
- Protective barriers are being installed at our check in and check out desks.
- All employees working are feeling 100% well and complete a daily screening for COVID-19 symptoms set forth by the Oakland County, Michigan Health Division Emergency Order (2020-10) For Contro of Pandemic.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces throughout the day.
- As always, every exam room is thoroughly disinfected between patients.
- Our teammates utilize thorough hand washing and/or hand sanitizer before and after every patient encounter.
- Upon entrance into our office, we require all patients to wear a face- covering or face mask that covers both their nose and their mouth.
- All patients are required to use hand sanitizer, that we provide, upon entering our office.
- Each patient upon arrival will be screened by our staff, to ensure that no one that enters our office has any respiratory symptoms, digestive ailments, fever, or chills or has been in contact with a COVID-19 patient who has tested positive within the last 14 days. Patients exhibiting these symptoms or answering yes to any of these questions will be sent home and we will reschedule your appointment.
- As always, we perform any necessary procedure using sterile techniques.
- All staff members will be wearing medical gloves, face masks, and other personal protective equipment provided by The Kalt Goldberg Eye Center, including eye goggles.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers on the slit lamp microscopes in our exam rooms to protect both the patient and staff.
- We have installed ionizing HEPA air filters in exam rooms to purify the air against allergens and viruses.
- Again, The Kalt Goldberg Eye Center cannot perform testing for coronavirus on site. If you have had a COVID-19 test or a test pending, we require that you DO NOT come into the office until your results come back negative. This may require a repeat test if you previously tested positive.
- Only the patient is allowed in the office. For children, and adult patients requiring a caretaker, one adult may accompany the patient.
- We are taking every precaution to particularly ensure the safety of our more vulnerable patients. For those patients that are pregnant or immune compromised, it is encouraged that you alert our staff so that they can provide additional time spacing between your appointment or reschedule your appointment. If you do not feel comfortable in the clinical setting and have an urgent matter that can be remedied by a telemedicine visit, please call our office at 248-398-2525.
Thank you for your continued trust.
Jeffrey C. Kalt, M.D.
From Comprehensive Eye Exams to Delicate Surgery
Board-certified ophthalmologists, Drs. Jeffrey C. Kalt and Jeffrey S. Katz, are dedicated to providing friendly, professional care for your eyes, from comprehensive eye exams to delicate surgery. For more than 40 years our practice has combined the highest quality personalized care with the utmost integrity and expertise. We pride ourselves on using state-of-the-art equipment and innovative techniques in order to ensure every patient achieves the best possible result.
In addition to routine eye examinations and prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses, we provide the highest quality medical and surgical eye care including the diagnosis and treatment of cataracts, glaucoma, dry eye, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and corneal diseases.